Now that Easter is over, you may have several chocolate eggs left? And how ever much you may want to eat them, will power is taking over (or not?) and the time has come to clear them out..
Why not try this quick and easy recipe to use up your chocolate eggs and keep the children entertained…
Chocolate Refrigerator Cake
You will need;
- 8oz Digestive Biscuits
- 2oz Butter (unsalted preferably but salted butter will work)
- 5oz golden syrup
- Two large Easter Eggs approx 10oz in weight
Optional extras – Try adding marshmallows and glace cherries to make it in to a rocky road.
- Using an 8inch square tin or silicon cake mould, lightly grease the tin/mould with butter.
- Place biscuits in to a plastic bag with a seal and bash in to smaller chunks with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a glass bowl, over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add the biscuits and any other ingredients you want to add. Stir well.
- Transfer in to a cake tin, press firmly and place the mixture in to the fridge to set for approx an hour.
- Remove the chilled cake from the tin/silicone mould and cut in to squares
Eat and Enjoy!